Happy Mother's Day, everyone!
Looking for something simple, inexpensive, but impressive that will have that special mom in your life waking up to being Queen for a day? The children will LOVE helping with this (double the recipe if the children like bananas, yogurt and granola)!
Serve with a cup of coffee, cup of milk or apple juice with a special flower in a vase (I suggest a flower other than a rose to make it more special unless roses are her favorite - maybe a calla lilly (means regal), gardenia (smells great and means joy), hibiscus (means delicate beauty). This is such an inexpensive thing to make (at less than $2 per serving with the drink!), but inexpensive can have a big payoff when the thought behind it is...well, Passion on a Plate!!
"Glad"iolus...Make her GLAD this Mother's Day!
(means Strength of Character)
Bananas Foster Parfait
- 2 medium bananas
- 4 T. honey
- 1/2 tsp. rum extract
- 1 c. vanilla yogurt
- 2 honey granola bars, crushed
- Peel the bananas and cut them into 1/2" pieces.
- Mix honey, rum extract and bananas.
- Layer in a parfait glass (or just a pretty half-sized glass) granola, yogurt, bananas, granola, yogurt and bananas again.
- Top with a bit more of the crushed granola bars and you're done!
Five minutes to make for a whole day of smiles. Have a GREAT Mother's Day!